At Mortgage Experience Limited we look after your details carefully. We adhere strictly to data protection laws.
This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us when you enquire about and use our services. This policy may change from time to time as our processes change over time, which will be reflected in this document.
The pages within this website are intended for use by UK residents and businesses only and refer to UK products.
Who we are
Mortgage Experience Limited is an appointed representative of HL Partnership Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Mortgage Experience Limited is registered in England and Wales. Company No. 10428355. Registered Office: Renaissance House, 4 East Terrace Business Park, Euxton Lane, Chorley, PR7 6TB.
The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK.
Alistair Jameson is the Data Protection Officer for Mortgage Experience Limited.
Information we may collect about you
- We collect information about you when you engage us for Mortgage or Financial Planning advice, or where you utilise protection and insurance services. This information will relate to your personal and financial circumstances. It may also include special categories of personal data such as data about your health, if this is necessary for the provision of our services.
- We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, E-mail address, age, property value, outstanding mortgage and other financial details) whenever you complete an online form.
- For example, we will obtain your personal data when you use our “Find me a Mortgage” and when you register to use the Site or contact us. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of the online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of providing an estimate of the equity available in your property, to permit one of our representatives to contact you, to arrange an appointment, to allow us to provide a quote for you and add your details to our database for future marketing purposes by Mortgage Experience Limited.
- Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies or from electronic ID verification), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us personalise our service and the products we offer you.
We also collect information about you from other sources. For example, our website automatically collects information from your computer using “cookies” which provides us with limited personal information. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owners. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Any personal data you provide to us during the course of an enquiry where you have not specified that you do not wish to be contacted in future will be retained and processed in order that we can keep you up to date with our services and market developments.
If you notify us that you do not wish to be contacted (either at the point of enquiry or subsequently) we will apply this immediately. If you have not transacted business with us, your personal data will be deleted from our systems within 2 years. Where you have transacted business with us your personal data will be retained as follows:
Mortgage, Equity Release, Funeral Plan, Insurance – Indefinitely
Estate Planning – 6 years following death of customer
On what basis do we collect data
The processing of your personal data is allowed under a number of lawful basis. The data required for the provision of products and services is processed on the basis there is a contract with you to do so. Any relevant marketing activity we undertake is done because as a firm we have a legitimate interest to do so however you have rights, as listed below, which impact how we can use and process your data.
What we do with your information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will only contact you on the telephone number or electronic means (e-mail) that you have provided us with to give you information about goods and services of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com to inform us;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer the Site and for internal operations
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources we may combine with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
If we receive your data from a third party the categories of data that we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact Details
- Marital Status
- Date of Birth
Who we share your information with and why
We share your information with trusted third parties who perform tasks for us and help us to provide the services you require these include:
- HL Partnership Limited;
- Other adviser firms in the network for the purpose of providing you with advice (with your knowledge) to enhance the services and products we can offer you;
- Third parties to verify your identity, in line with money laundering or other requirements (this may involve carrying out checks with credit reference databases);
- Third parties who perform tasks for us to help us set up or service your plan (these third parties may be based in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) but where they are, we will undertake an assessment of safeguards in place);
- Other organizations, including regulatory bodies, the police and fraud prevention agencies, to prevent and detect fraud;
- Third parties where required by law, court order or regulation; and
- Third parties as part of an acquisition or sale.
- To the property valuer appointed by the mortgage/equity release provider.
- To your appointed solicitor to deal with your mortgage or your equity release.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How to contact us
If you have questions about this notice, need further information about our privacy practices, or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or correct your personal information, please contact us using the following details. Mortgage Experience Limited will liaise with HLP on your behalf to affect your requests.
HL Partnership Limited
How to complain
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact The Office of Data Protection who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to our regulator:
Information Governance department
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113